PART 1: INTEGRATED SURF MOVEMENT TRAINING
Learn from the best! Our keynote speakers will be; Dr. Michael Rental, Dr. Chris Prosser & Rodrigo B Perez
- Introduction to the basic principles and concepts of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) and Surf Movement training
- Developmental Kinesiology Sequence - Integrated Stabilizing System of the Spine
- Ipsilateral and Contralateral patterns
- DNS Flow
- Integrate the concepts of DNS into a diverse range of body weight surf movement patterns inspired by disciplines such as capoeira, gymnastics, Pilates, Chinese martial arts, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, yoga, Ginastica natural and dancing
- Importance of the Diaphragm
- Respiratory, Postural function and the coordination between the two in order to enhance the efficiency of your deep stabilizing system of the spine
- We will explore drills, protocols, and exercises to enhance your:
- Surf Movement Flow
- DNS Assessment of the deep stabilizing system efficiency in the Surf Athlete
- Review Surfing Biomechanics and the use of DNS Tests to identify specific inefficiencies of the integrated stabilizing system and Surf movement strength
- Explore basic upper and lower body surf movements designed to strength your muscles, tendons, joints, and nervous system.
- Review of the common injury sites seen in the professional and domestic Surfer Athlete
- DNS Active Exercise Based on Developmental Positions and Surf Movement: modifications to train basic sport movements of Surfing
- Active Exercise Prescription Based on Developmental Positions –Putting together a flow sequence of DNS Active Exercises specific for the Surf Athlete and Surf Movement specific strength
- Putting it all together - Preparing the athlete for competition, pre-habilitation, re-habilitation, training or play
Clinicians, trainers, coaches, body work therapists, exercise physiologists & kinesiologists
Please contact Rod, if you are part of a group that is not listed above.
NOTE: A 20% Cancellation Fee applies.
* $125 of each fee is given to the Prague School for registration fee helps to support the further research and development of DNS scientific activities and the teaching of them.
Dr Michael Rintala, D.C.
Michael Rintala, D.C. is in private practice in San Diego, California with a focus on sports medicine and rehabilitation. He graduated from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1997.
Dr. Rintala has been studying the principles and techniques of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation with Prof. Pavel Kolar since 2004 and is one of the Non-Czech Primary International instructors for DNS.
Dr. Rintala has been part of the Professional Golf Association (PGA) Tour Sports Medicine Team since 2005. He is also a treating doctor for the World Surf League (WSL) and a wide variety of other organizations ranging from Dance to Action Sports.
Dr Chris Prosser. B.Sc. B.App.Sc(Chiro). C.C.S.P.
A 1988 NSW University and 1991 R.M.I.T graduate Chris is in private practice in Mermaid Beach, Australia and holds the position of the World Surf League (WSL) Medical Director.
Dr. Prosser has been part of the World Professional Surfing Tour since 1994 and has previously been a treating Physician to the Australasian Professional Golf Association (PGA) Tour from 1992 - 2001, Winter Olympics, X Games and a wide variety of professional sporting bodies.
Rodrigo B Perez
Rodrigo’s journey in the health and fitness industry started in 2001, when he completed a Bachelor of Exercise Science in Brazil. He worked as a personal trainer and swim/triathlon coach for several years in Brazil before moving to Australia over 10 years ago.
Rod is a yoga practitioner who has over 10 years of experience in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (brown belt), and he aims to achieve black belt in the near future. He also incorporates capoeira with surfing, which strongly influenced his coaching style and class design.
In 2008, he opened his own fitness studio, Holistic Pro Health Performance (HPHP), following many years in the industry. Throughout his career, Rod has continued to develop his professional skills, and has participated in training courses such as C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 1(Corrective High-Performance Exercise Kinesiology), Advanced Diploma of Sports (Support Athlete and Remedial Massage), Myofascial Dry Needling, Ido Portal Method, DNS Certified Exercise Trainers (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization from Prague School), FMS level 1 and 2 (Functional Movement System), Wim Hof Method (breath and ice bath), FMA (Functional Muscle Acceleration - as strength trainer and mentor)and recently completed level 1, 2 and 3 of Ginastica